Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Our Week

I'm happy to report that the peace I felt when I posted last week, has stuck around. I'm doing pretty darn good! Those pesky little letters, C and F, have only entered my mind a few times each day, rather than consuming my thoughts, AND even more amazing... they haven't been typed in a Google search bar ONCE. Really. Come check the history. It's true! ;)

Instead, my time has been spent...

watching this...
 
and of course this...
 
You know, all that PRODUCTIVE stuff!
 
I've even been lucky enough to get to spend some nights with concerts like this...
 
 
Before you assume that her mother staged this.....I assure you this was her own doing. That whole hand thing she has going on.... is just pretty darn amusing (as are her facial expressions)! Need to work on some lyrics and proper vocal techniques... but plenty of potential, this biased momma thinks!
 
This week has also brought many a family wrestling match, board games, dance classes, basketball games and practice, time with family we don't get to see often enough, and just a whole bunch of wonderful!  (in the video, you may have noticed what this week hasn't brought....and that is the desire or time to take down all of our Christmas décor-- nice, huh?)
 
All three of our kiddos huge blessings in so many ways...miracles really. I tell them all the time that all I ever really wanted to be in life.... was THEIR MOMMY!!! They giggle.... but they have no idea how true it is.
 
So things have been surprisingly wonderful in The Whole White World over the last week. I'm not sure what it is about a possible life changing diagnosis, that leaves you hugging tighter, laughing harder, and just finding so much joy in each and every little thing. Just soaking in all the moments of life in the limbo stage---where there are fears, not realities...and trying to hold on to that hope that there is still a chance, this ends with an ALL CLEAR! 
 
We head to Children's Mercy on Tuesday---and do some pancreas and lung testing. I don't know if the genetic sequencing results from Mayo will be in by then or not, but I am hopeful that we will leave there knowing a little something more! Prayers for safety, answers, and continued peace and strength are so appreciated! 
 
Love you all, and thanks for following along with our little family!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment